What happens if my cart is lost or stolen?

The cart is city property, and we expect residents to take reasonable care. It must not be painted, mutilated, altered or modified in any way. If the collection truck damages or destroys your cart, it will be replaced at no cost to you. If the responsibility for the damage or loss of a cart cannot be determined, the city will replace it at public expense. If the damage is caused by negligence of the resident, the container will be replaced at a $50.00 charge. Lost or stolen carts will be replaced once at no charge. Any subsequent losses will be the responsibility of the resident. Lost or stolen carts should be reported to the Police and Solid Waste departments.

Show All Answers

1. How will a city observed holiday affect my trash collection?
2. What are your hours of operation?
3. Where is the Solid Waste Department office located?
4. What is the C.A.P.S. program?
5. What about garbage that won't fit in the cart?
6. What happens if my cart is lost or stolen?
7. Do I take my cart with me when I move?