HOT SPRINGS – As new telephone books are delivered throughout the community, residents and business owners are reminded to recycle their old phone books. City residential recycling customers can simply place old phone books in one of their current recycling containers curbside on their regularly scheduled recycling collection day. Drop off containers are also available at the following locations:
• Recycling Drop-off Center, 24-hour location, Valley and Runyon
• Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce, Grand and Ouachita
• Garland County Library, 1427 Malvern Avenue
• Hot Springs Memorial Field, 525 Airport Road
• Mid-America Science Museum, 500 Mid-America Boulevard
Area businesses are encouraged to use one of the drop-off centers. Businesses inside city limits with more than 100 phone books can request a collection by calling Sanitation at 321-6911.
Recycled phone books can be turned into roofing material, home insulation and recycled paper products. Recycling the books saves trees and conserves landfill space. The Garland County Library, Mid-America Science Museum and Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce are partners in the city’s recycling drive. For more information, call 321-6911.