As a reminder to residents and guests of the City of Hot Springs from the Hot Springs Fire Department, the use of fireworks is prohibited inside the city limits.
Hot Springs City Ordinance 15-7-3.1 (b) prohibits the use of fireworks Hot Springs, and anyone found in violation could be fined up to $500.
The City of Hot Springs allows commercial fireworks displays, following strict state guidelines and permitting. Fourth of July celebrations occurring this year near Hot Springs, permitted through the Arkansas State Fire Marshal’s office and notified to the Hot Springs Fire Department, include the following:
- July 4 – Lake Hamilton, 4903 Central Avenue: Fireworks will be shot from a barge on Lake Hamilton near the first causeway.
- July 4 – Royal Blast, Sunshine Store at 3719 Sunshine Road in Royal, Ark.
For residents outside the city limits who shoot fireworks, please be sure to follow these important safety tips from the National Fire Protection Agency:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks. Sparklers, though considered by many as the ideal “safe” firework, burn at very high temperatures and can ignite clothing.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Be sure spectators are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from houses, dry leaves and flammable materials.
- Never try to relight fireworks that have not fully functioned. Instead, douse and soak them with water and throw them away.
- Keep a water source handy in case of a firework malfunction or fire.
- Keep unused fireworks away from firing areas.
- Never place any portion of your body directly over a firework while lighting.
- Observe local laws.