Crews with the Hot Springs Fire Department are performing flow testing today, March 17, 2020, on fire hydrants in the following areas:
- The 500-800 blocks of Carpenter Dam Road
- The 1000 block of Shady Grove Road
- Brodrick and Casey streets; Grand Point and Davidson drives; Covington Court; Clubhouse Circle and Haymaker Place
- The 1300 – 1700 blocks of Central Avenue; Archwood and Barker streets; Shadow Terrace; the 100 block of Hobson Avenue; the 100 – 300 blocks of Shady Grove; Vista Avenue; Scalehouse Lane; and Leawood and Lowery streets
- The ACTI Campus; 105 Reserve Street; Opera, Autumn and Coy streets; and Highrise Circle
- The 1900 block of Malvern Avenue; Melwood, James, Mohawk and Parkridge streets; Bella Court; AutumnRidge Circle; and Fair Oaks Place.
- The 1600 – 2200 blocks of Higdon Ferry Road
- Aviation Plaza, Office Park Drive and John Owens Point
During hydrant maintenance and testing, water lines are flushed in order to test hydrant flow and water pressure levels for fire control purposes. The process also helps maintain the integrity of the City’s water distribution system, flushing out sediment or deposits that may naturally occur over time. Water customers in the immediate vicinity of the work may experience temporary discoloration of their water. If this takes place, customers are advised to clear the pipes in their home or business by running all the water faucets for a few minutes, and to postpone washing clothes. This discoloration usually lasts no more than a few hours, affecting only the appearance of the water, and not the taste or quality. If discoloration lasts more than 24 hours, contact the Utilities Service Center, 321-6200.