Following the Governor’s press conference regarding coronavirus updates, changes have been made to the memorial services for Officer First Class Brent Scrimshire on Monday, March 16, 2020, as outlined below:
- Lying in state: 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- The public will have the opportunity to enter the Hot Springs Convention Center at a designated entrance and walk through Horner Hall to pay respects to Ofc. Scrimshire.
- Private ceremony: 2 p.m.
- Following state and health official recommendations on public gatherings, a limit of 200 guests will be allowed in Horner Hall for the ceremony and will include the family of Ofc. Scrimshire and his direct police family (Hot Springs Police Department personnel only)
- For the public who would like to watch the ceremony, it will be livestreamed on the City’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cityofhotsprings.
- Procession and internment: Immediately following the ceremony and private family viewing
- From the Hot Springs Convention Center to Oakridge Cemetery in Malvern, Ark.
This schedule is subject to change based on the ongoing coronavirus outbreak and response. The Hot Springs Police Department continues to work closely with the Scrimshire family, City Hall and other officials to follow recommendations from the Governor’s office and the Arkansas Department of Health. In doing so, the importance of public safety is being weighed against the need to honor Ofc. Scrimshire and allow the community to pay respects.