Those interested learning more about becoming a police officer can mark their calendars for a Recruitment Open House from 6 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 9 in the upstairs large classroom at the Police Department, 641 Malvern Avenue. At the open house, potential applicants will receive an outline of the hiring process, officer qualifications and training, pay and benefits and learn about the daily life of a police officer.
“The Hot Springs Police Department is constantly looking for dedicated, community-minded individuals to join our ranks and become part of our force for positive change in our community,” Police Chief Jason Stachey said.
• be at least 21 years old
• have a high school or equivalency diploma
• meet hearing, vision and physical requirements
• have no felony, serious misdemeanor or domestic violence convictions
• have no DUI or DWI convictions within the last five years
• must be a United States citizen
For information call (501) 321-6789, extension 6740.