Construction work on U.S. Highway 70 in Garland and Saline counties requires daytime lane closures.
Lane closure will begin from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday and end Friday, April 14, weather permitting. One lane of traffic will remain open in both directions. The lane closures will alternately impact eastbound and westbound traffic at the following locations:
- Jaguar Trail to 1/2 mile east of Java Road
- 1/8 mile west of Cedar Creek to the Cedar Creek Bridge
- Bell Tower Access Road to 1/4 mile east of the Bell Tower Access Road
- 1/8 mile west and east of Summit Ridge Road
- Ten Mile Creek Bridge to 1/2 mile east of Kayce Lane
- 1/4 mile east of County Road 1379 to Antique Mall
- 1/2 mile east of the Narrows Road to 1/8 mile west of Ten Mile Creek Bridge
Construction zone signs and construction barrels will be placed to notify traffic approaching the work zone. Motorists are encouraged to consider alternate routes during construction, including U.S. Highway 270. The public is advised to be cautious when traveling in the work zone at reduced speeds, and speeding fines double within the work zone.
Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel information can be found at IDriveArkansas.com or ArkansasHighways.com. You can also follow AHTD on Twitter @AHTD.