COVID-19 Hot Springs Updates
Below are the most recent COVID-19 press releases and updates from the City, Hot Springs/Garland County COVID-19 Task Force, and the State of Arkansas, as well as links to release/update archives. For the most current statewide and county-specific COVID-19 statistics, visit the Arkansas Department of Health’s (ADH)
With the community level currently "Low," COVID-19 updates will be provided weekly with the understanding of a return to more frequent updates, should the need arise.
(08/08/22) 238 active cases in Garland County
The following statistics for Monday, August 8, 2022, were posted on the Arkansas Department of Health’s (ADH) website:
- 24,944 cumulative cases in Garland County, up 170 from Aug. 2.
- 238 active cases in Garland County, down 54 from Aug. 2.
- 24,183 recoveries in Garland County, up 223 from .
- 520 deaths in Garland County, up one from Aug. 2
See the Garland County and Arkansas Daily Report Archive for previous daily statistics.
(08/01/22) HS/GC COVID Task Force: Garland County’s Covid numbers 'leveling off'
Garland County’s Covid-19 numbers are “leveling off,” but there is “no evidence that it is going away,” County Health Officer Dr. Gene Shelby wrote in his weekly update to the Hot Springs/Garland County Covid-19 Task Force.
There were 201 new cases reported for the week of July 24 – 31, compared to the previous weeks’ 156, 185 and 213. There was a slight increase in the number of active cases, from 301 to 305, as of Monday morning.
Representatives from CHI St. Vincent and National Park Medical Center reported having a total of 15 Covid-19 patients, with four in intensive care and two requiring ventilation.
There was one additional Covid-related death reported, bringing the county’s cumulative Covid death total to 519.
Shelby said that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to urge everyone over the age of 50 to get their second booster. The CDC is not recommending it for those under the age of 50, except for those who have some compromise to their immune system. The CDC expects a new vaccine, which will be more specific to the omicron subvariants, to be available in late fall.
The Hot Springs/Garland County Covid-19 Task Force is only meeting as needed during the summer months, but Shelby provides his weekly Covid-19 update electronically to the group.
- Garland County and Arkansas COVID-19 Update report archive appears to be an empty link with target https://www.cityhs.net/983/Arkansas-Daily-Governor-Reports-Archive appears to be an empty link with target https://www.cityhs.net/983/Arkansas-Daily-Governor-Reports-Archive
- appears to be an empty link with target /CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2491 Hot Springs/Garland County COVID-19 Task Force report archive appears to be an empty link with target https://www.cityhs.net/985/HSGC-COVID-19-Task-Force-Related-Reports
- appears to be an empty link with target /CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2491 City of Hot Springs COVID-19 update report archive
COVID-19 Testing Sites in Garland County
- Apollo Medical (111 Cordoba Center, Hot Springs Village): 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday; 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday; 501-226-3220
- Convenient Care Clinic (100 McGowan Court, Hot Springs): 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; 501-525-9675
- Convenient Care Clinic (4419 Hwy 7 North, Hot Springs Village): 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday; 501-213-1148
- Garland County Health Unit (1425 Malvern Avenue, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday; 501-624-3394
- Healthy Connections (3604 Central Avenue, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 888-710-8220
- Healthy Connections (1723 Malvern Avenue, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 888-710-8220
- First Care Walk-In Clinic (120 Adcock Road, Garland County): 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday;
1 p.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday; 501-651-4500
- Sherwood Urgent Care (201 Airport Road, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday; 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday; 501-547-9481
- Walmart (1601 Albert Pike Road): Online evaluation and scheduling at www.DoINeedACOVID19Test.com, or call 1-800-635-8611
Download a PDF flyer of the testing sites in Garland County to print/display/share.
ADH Call Center
(8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Community Service Assistance
Call Arkansas 2-1-1
2-1-1 is a free telephone service that connects individuals in need to important community services in the state of Arkansas.
Serving eight counties in the Ouachita Region, the guide lists up-to-date information for an array of services available.
Arkansas Department of Workforce Services Unemployment Hotline
(6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday)
Family / Personal Wellbeing
Child Abuse Hotline
Mental Health and Addiction Services Support Line
(8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
COVID-19 Related Funeral Assistance