Household Hazardous Waste
Normally, takes place in May
Annual event sponsored by the Southwest Central Regional Solid Waste Planning Management District.
Garland County residents can bring household hazardous waste to the county fairgrounds for a safe, free disposal of unused/leftover household products containing toxic, flammable, corrosive or reactive chemicals.
A paint exchange area will also be available for paint that is still usable/stored in the original container with a legible label. Passenger tires (no rims) and electronic waste will also be accepted.
Operation Clean Sweep
Happens three times a year in various areas throughout the city
For more information and the schedule, visit Operation Clean Sweep.
Normally, takes place the last weekend in April
Residents can clean out the garage, spruce up the yard and ditch unwanted items in a nearby roll-off container during the Hot Springs Solid Waste Department's annual citywide Spring Fling Cleanup on Saturday and Sunday, April 24 and 25.
City residents are encouraged to clean their neighborhoods, including nearby vacant lots, and discard items free of charge in the roll-off containers. The containers will be placed in all six city districts during the cleanup (see location list below). Large or bulky items can be placed next to the container if they are too heavy to lift. Hazardous waste, such as paint, cleaning fluids or batteries, is not accepted; however, Solid Waste will hold a free collection event for these materials on May 15 from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Garland County Fairgrounds.
Brush should not be discarded at the roll-offs. Instead, schedule a CAPS pickup of such materials by calling 501-321-6921, or it can be taken to the Compost Facility at 318 Davidson Drive. Residents are also asked not to place electronic items in the roll-offs. Instead, items such as computer components, radios, smaller televisions and microwaves can be brought to the Recycling Center at the Solid Waste Department, 218 Runyon Street, from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
"SPRING FLING" ROLLOFF CONTAINER LOCATIONS
- District 1
- G B Services, 808 East Grand Avenue
- Cedar Street parking lot - 100 Cedar Street (north of former Majestic site)
- District 2
- Vacant lot at the corner of Valley and Runyon streets
- Chattanooga Park, 530 Chattanooga Street
- District 3
- Hot Springs School District administrative offices, 400 Linwood Street
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company parking lot, 321 Market Street
- District 4
- Hot Springs Memorial Field, 525 Airport Road
- Hot Springs Middle School, 700 Main Street
- District 5
- Hot Springs World Class High School west parking lot, 701 Emory Street
- Oaklawn Magnet School, 301 Oaklawn Street (Clark Street side)
- District 6
- Lakeside Intermediate School parking lot, 2855 Malvern Avenue
GARLAND COUNTY DROPOFF LOCATIONS (available Saturday only, from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m.)
- Garland County Landfill, 1040 Cedar Glades Road
- Highway 7 North Transfer Station, 685 Highway 7 North
- Highway 70 West Transfer Station, 151 Airport Road