- Animal Services
- Hot Springs Bark Park
Hot Springs Bark Park
The Hot Springs Bark Park opened in 2010 as the first off-leash dog park in the area, located on the corner of Shady Grove Road and Hollywood Avenue (410 Hollywood Avenue).
The park is open year-round from dawn to dusk.
Hot Springs Animal Services manages this park with support from the Hot Springs Dog Park Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the creation of an off-leash dog park.
This facility gives dogs and their owners a place to exercise and socialize safely.
It's not intended as a training facility, dog owners agree to the following rules for the facility.
- Dog owner agrees to assume the full risk of any injuries, damages or loss associated with their use of the park.
- A handler age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog. Limit of 4 dogs per visit.
- Children must be at least 6 years or age and accompanied by a parent or guardian to supervise their children at all times to prevent accidents.
- Dog must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Handler must have a leash in their possession at all times. Dog owners must remain with their dogs in exercise area and must keep dog in sight at all times.
- Always open and close the dog park gates carefully. Call your dog away when other dogs are entering or leaving.
- Any dog showing aggression towards people or other dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the dog park.
- Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
- 2 acres of land
- Asphalt walking paths
- Completely fenced in for safety and enjoyment
- Double gate to ensure safest possible environment
- Extra parking nearby on the Hot Springs Creek Greenway
- Play structures
- Public Restrooms nearby on the Hot Springs Creek Greenway
- Separate spaces for large and small dogs
- Waste Disposal Stations (with bags)
- Water Stations @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Any party wishing to use the park for an event or training must procure a permit for the event or training.
- Dogs in heat are no allowed in the dog park. Puppies using the park must be older than 6 months of age.
- Infraction of any of these rules can result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
- Must have current rabies vaccine and have up to date rabies vaccination tags, City License on the dog at all times. Owner information is encouraged.
- Owners must clean up and dispose of feces left by dogs. Plastic bags and garbage cans are available on the premises. Failing to clean up after animals will result in loss of privileges to use the dog park. There are disposable plastic bags for clean up.
- Please do not give treats to other dogs without asking owners permission. Rawhide is not allowed in the dog park. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>