Central Fire Station serves the northern & eastern areas of Hot Springs, Including Bath house row, Magic Springs, and the Hot Springs Convention Center. It was built in 1996 to replace the old Central fire Station at 210 Opera street, which was built in 1963 (now the location of the city’s Parks & Recreation department). Central Station is the department’s headquarters and is where the Fire Chief, Fire Prevention Bureau, and Training Division have their offices. It houses a Command vehicle (121), a pumper (Engine 1), and a ladder truck (Truck 5), the ladder truck is a tiller design, wherein the chassis is a tractor trailer with a steerable rear axle, providing greater maneuverability on the city’s streets.
Lakeshore Drive Station
220 Lakeshore Drive
Station 6 serves the south central areas of the city including the Hot Springs Mall, St Joseph’s Hospital, and Oaklawn Racetrack. The station was built in 1995 to replace the old station 6 that was located at Oaklawn and 3rd streets. The department still utilizes the drill tower located there for training. It houses one pumper (Engine 6), a ladder truck (Truck 10) and a rescue vehicle (Service 1) Station 6 is staffed daily with a District Captain, a Lieutenant, two Driver/Operators, and a Firefighter.
Park Avenue Station
758 Park Ave.
Station 3 serves the northern most area of Hot Springs including the Park and Whittington Ave. areas, Belvedere Golf Resort, and Hot Springs Historic Downtown area. The station was built in 1967 and replaced a 1914 station which was located at Pine and Water Street It houses one pumper (Engine 3) and is staffed daily with a Lieutenant, a Driver/Operator, and a Firefighter.