The Street Division repair and maintain the city streets to provide safe and efficient travel.
The division also provides routine drainage system maintenance to promote and improve health and public safety by diverting storm water from the roads leading into Lake Hamilton or Lake Catherine. As well as, maintain the rights-of-way and other public property, assist other departments as needed, provide emergency services during inclement weather, and supports police and fire in emergencies.
- Curb and Gutter Repair
- Drain Box and Inlet Maintenance and Repair
- Guardrail Repair
- Milling – Prepare roads for asphalting – (for Paving Program List call the Engineering Dept., 321-6865)
- Pot Hole Patching
- Shoulder Repair – To minimize drop off
- Snow and Ice Removal
- Severe Weather Response
- Street Cut Repair
- Street Sweeping
- Cleaning and Restructuring Drainage Ditches
- Removal of Debris and Silt from Storm Drains
- Install and Maintain Pipes and Drains
- Bridge Maintenance and Cleaning
- Other Drainage related Repairs and Structural Improvement
Services listed above are provided to the public street right-of-way and drainage easements only. Property outside these areas is the responsibility of the property owner.
Disposal of Yard Waste
Yard waste such as leaves, grass clippings, or trash should never be disposed of into the drainage system or roadway where storm water could sweep debris into the drainage system. These actions could cause serious flooding.