- Planning & Development
Planning & Development
Planning & Development COVID-19 Updates
- Employees and public being screened before entering City Hall offices: Due to the coronavirus COVID-19 and social distancing recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and the Arkansas Department of Health, all departments and offices at City Hall, including Planning & Development, have implemented a screening process for employees and guests from the public. Public members are asked to use a call box in the City Hall foyer, and an employee with either the city manager’s office or the city clerk’s office. From this, a determination will be made as to if assistance from a particular department is needed, and an employee from that department may be called to attend to the needs. If this is the case, the employee and member(s) of the public will maintain a distance of six feet of separation.
As always, Planning & Development staff are ready to offer assistance and answer questions. If members of the public prefer to seek assistance remotely, staff can assist by phone or email. See our staff directory: https://www.cityhs.net/Directory.aspx?did=14
- Permits and inspections: Permits and Inspections are still required. Permits are available online or by telephone in most cases.
- Applications: Applications will be handled as usual, but with the constraints imposed by short-staffing.
- Payments: Credit card payments, such as for permits and applications, are accepted by phone. Call 501-321-6846 for more information.
- Inspections: Building, electrical, plumbing and HVAC inspections are continuing.
- Social distancing: Departmental staff are required to follow the social distancing guidelines while working out in the city. Staff can speak from their vehicles to residents, but not face to face. Our City employees are dedicated to serving our community and our residents. These social distancing requirements offer a challenge in providing our personalized service, but abiding by them will allow our department to continue to provide services for the duration of the pandemic.
- Inspection and Code Enforcement prioritization: Inspection and code enforcement for vacant lots and vacant structures, as well as imminent hazards to public health and safety, are being prioritized at this time. Please understand that through this pandemic, the department may not be fully staffed, and staff will have to prioritize accordingly.
- Board and Commission actions: Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission and Historic District Commission action will proceed per the conditions of Board of Directors Ordinance No. 6323, authorizing actions of City Manager during the COVID -19 pandemic.