- Planning & Development
Planning & Development
Planning & Development COVID-19 Updates
- Offices closed to the public: Due to the coronavirus COVID-19 and social distancing recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and the Arkansas Department of Health, the Planning & Development offices at City Hall are closed to the public. Staff are ready to offer assistance and answer questions by phone or email. This webpage lists the divisions, services and contact information available at Planning & Development.
Applications will be handled as usual, but with the constraints imposed by short-staffing.
- Social distancing: Departmental staff are required to follow the social distancing guidelines while working out in the city. Staff can speak from their vehicles to residents, but not face to face. Our City employees are dedicated to serving our community and our residents. These social distancing requirements offer a challenge in providing our personalized service, but abiding by them will allow our department to continue to provide services for the duration of the pandemic.
- Inspection and Code Enforcement prioritization: Inspection and code enforcement for vacant lots and vacant structures, as well as imminent hazards to public health and safety, are being prioritized at this time. Please understand that through this pandemic, the department may not be fully staffed, and staff will have to prioritize accordingly.
- Board and Commission actions: Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission and Historic District Commission action will proceed per the conditions of Board of Directors Ordinance No. 6323, authorizing actions of City Manager during the COVID -19 pandemic.
Planning & Development The Planning and Development Department administers and enforces ordinances relating to land use and development. The department addresses such issues as zoning, subdivisions, mobile homes, signage, and the Historic District.
The Planning and Development Department is comprised of the following divisions:
Planning Commission Meetings Schedule
- Full Document - Title 15 - Building Code
- 15 - In General
- 15 - Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 15 - Mechanical Code
- 15 - Electrical Code
- 15 - Plumbing and Gas Code
- 15 - Fire Prevention Code
- 15 - Flood Damage Prevention Code
- 15 - Excavation and Grading Code
- 15 - Street Specifications
- 15 - Drainage
- 15 - Sidewalk Curb Maintenance
- 15 - Stormwater Management