Short-term Residential Rentals
Below are summaries of current STR regulations. In case of conflict between the website and the most recently adopted ordinance, the ordinance prevails.
File an STR complaint online, or call the 24-hour STR hotline at 501-621-4665. For noise and other immediate concerns, call the non-emergency police number at 501-321-6789. For other City concerns, call the Action Line at 501-321-6808.
THINGS TO KNOW
STR licenses are valid for the calendar year in which they are issued.
- CO inspection by a City Inspector is now only required if the maximum occupancy has changed from what is listed on the STR license or for STRs that were conditionally passed due to window compliance.
- STR Rental Cap
- Residential Zone Cap is 500 licenses.
- Beginning Jan. 1, 2023, the Residential Zone Cap will be 400. If there are more than 400 STR licenses in residentially zoned districts on Jan. 1, such licenses that exceed the 400 are subject to annual renewal.
- Residential Zones (R-Zones) are R-1, R-2, R-3, R-4, and R-L.
- Exempt from Cap are non-residential zones – PD, C, VL, M and A zone districts – as well as HPR and condos recorded before Jan. 18, 2022.
- No Waitlist
- R-zone STR licenses will not be issued once the cap is met in a given year.
- No waitlist exists.
STR License Totals
The numbers below are updated weekly based for the total number of approved Short-term Residential Rental Business Licenses and how many are in residential zone areas subject to the cap of 400.
|TOTAL STR LICENSES|
|TOTAL SUBJECT TO CAP|
STR GIS Map
The City's GIS Planning Map at www.cityhs.net/GIS has a layer option to view "Short Term Rentals."
Applications & Forms
- STR License Application
Submit a STR Complaint Options:
For general STR questions and concerns:
SIGN-UP FOR STR NOTIFICATIONS
To receive text messages or email updates relating to STR regulations, visit Notify Me and select the "Short-term Residential Rental" checkbox under the "News Flash" section at the bottom of the page.