The Office of the City Clerk is, by law, responsible for the custody of all laws and Ordinances of the city and for keeping a regular and correct journal of the proceedings of the Board of Directors. This department traditionally serves as the historian of the community, and is called upon daily by elected officials, government staff or the public at large to produce some type of record. The City Clerk oversees the Deputy City Clerk.
Creation of the Board of Directors Meeting Agenda Packet
Archiving of City Records
- Board of Directors proceedings including agendas, minutes, and any other material distributed during official meetings.
- Ordinances and resolutions
- Monthly/quarterly/annual reports such as the CAFR, budget book, A & P reports, Comprehensive Plan
- Contracts/agreements/memorandums of understanding
- Elections/petitions-elections, petitions, recalls, annexations, statements of financial interest, certified election results
- Property-bought, sold, dedicated, easements, deeds
- Publications-proofs of publications for public meetings and hearings, notices, ordinances, bids
- Serves as the records management officer overseeing the records management, retention and destruction plan.
Code of Ordinances
- The Office of the City Clerk serves as the codebook editor and is charged with making approved updates to the city codebook while maintaining its organizational structure.
- Hot Springs Code of Ordinances (H.S.C)
Advisory Boards/Commissions/Committees (BCC)
- Maintains the listing of each BCC including members, contact information and position openings. To view the BCC and their members, visit Boards & Commissions.
- Advertises BCC openings, receives applications, presents applicants to the Board of Directors for approval
- BCC applications and recommendations are available to be submitted throughout the year.
- Nominations and current openings are available at Advisory Boards, Commissions and Committees.
- Prepares election information packets
- Accepts and certifies filing petitions
- Sends certification of nomination for candidates to the county clerk and election commission
- Collects statements of financial interests from public officials
- Gives guidance to citizens to ensure proper procedures are followed and proper notifications are conducted.
- Creates, maintains and updates city administrative polices as needed
Freedom of Information Requests
- Responds to citizen inquiries related to FOIA requests
- Collects all requested information for distribution