- COVID-19 VACCINE
Who is eligible to get COVID vaccines?
All Arkansans age 5 or older are now eligible to receive the vaccine and/or a booster shot.
How can I get the vaccine?
Eligible Arkansans can make an appointment at a community pharmacy. Vaccine clinics and events may also be available in your area through hospitals, health care providers, or your worksite. Click here for a list of clinics.
Click graphic to enlarge.
Garland County COVID-19 Vaccination Locations
- Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (Mondays): 501-257-1978 - 177 Sawtooth Oak Street
- CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs: https://www.chistvincent.com/getmyshot - 501-622-6556
- Crawford Pharmacy: www.crawfordpharmacyrx.com - 107 Crawford Street - (501) 624-4636
- East Gate Pharmacy: www.villagehealthmart.com/locations/east-gate-pharmacy - 24615 Highway 5 - (501) 922-0909
- ExpressRx: www.expressrx.net - 105 Sawtooth Oak, Hot Springs - (501) 623-2222
- Fountain Lake Family Pharmacy: www.fountainlakefamilypharmacy.com - 4517 Park Avenue - (501) 547-3400
- Hot Springs Pharmacy, LLC: www.hotspringspharmacy.com - 1210 Airport Road - (501) 760-2444
- Sam's Club: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302 - 1368 Higdon Ferry Road - (501) 625-7201
- Smith Drug and Compounding: www.smithdrugandcompounding.com - 1 Mercy Lane, Suite 103 - (501) 624-2900
- Village Healthmart Pharmacy: stores.healthmart.com/villagepharmacy1 - (501) 922-0777
- Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302 - 1601 Albert Pike Road - (501) 624-2498
- Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302 - 1640 Airport Road - (501) 262-7509
- Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302 - 1544 Malvern Avenue - (501) 262-7520
Garland County Health Unit giving flu and COVID-19 vaccines
The Garland County Health Unit is administering the flu vaccine and the Pfizer and Moderna Bivalent Booster COVID-19 vaccines. These updated COVID-19 boosters provide protection against the original strain of the virus that causes COVID-19, as well as the BA.4 and BA.5 omicron subvariants. These newer subvariants are more contagious and able to evade protection that your body might have against earlier subvariants. These boosters are for ages 12 and older, to be administered after completion of a monovalent primary series – Moderna, Novavax or Pfizer-BionTech. For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/interim-considerations-us.html.
The health unit also continues to offer the primary vaccination series of Moderna, Novavax and Pfizer on a walk-in basis and at no charge. The health unit is located at 1425 Malvern Avenue and is open from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday – Friday, and from 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
COVID-19 vaccine clinic on Oct. 18
No appointments are necessary. Vaccines are provided at no cost, but if you have an insurance card, please bring it. The COVID-19 Pfizer vaccines will be available to individuals ages 12 and older. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone between the ages of 12 – 17. Please have your COVID-19 vaccine card with you if requesting a second or booster dose. If you do not have your vaccine card, you may contact your local health unit for a copy. To receive a booster, at least two months must have passed since receiving the initial Pfizer or Moderna series.
First doses will also be available. Those receiving a first dose will receive an Arkansas Game and Fish gift certificate.
AFMC, Arkansas Insurance Department, the Salvation Army and the Arkansas Department of Health are partnering to provide the clinic.