Board of Directors
About the Board of Directors
Hot Springs voters elect seven citizens to serve on the Board of Directors, one of whom is the mayor. Our city is divided into six districts, each represented by a city director. The mayor represents the entire area of Hot Springs. Many interested citizens attend the board meetings and voice their opinions, which are televised live on city12 (Resort Television Cable Channel 12, the city’s government access TV channel.) The meetings are also streamed online. Their participation helps the directors make decisions that can help Hot Springs to be a better place to live, play, and work.
- Making policy decisions on city projects and levels of city services, and directing the city manager to implement these policies in an efficient manner;
- Developing long range plans and policies for city growth, beautification and prosperity;
- Maintaining the high quality of life, while improving the character and quality of all neighborhoods;
- Serving as role models for integrity in government;
- Valuing and nurturing diversity of people and viewpoints; and
- Cooperating with county, state and national governments.
The board is the supreme legislative and executive branch under the city-manager form of government. As the executive policy-making body, they adopt ordinances and resolutions, approve a budget, and set policies for Hot Springs. They appoint a city manager who, much like the president of a company, makes sure the city's day-to-day operations run smoothly.
Board of Directors Election Information
- Board of Directors 2017 Goals and Priorities
- Board of Directors 2015 Strategies
- 2012 Strategic Goal Setting Report
- Code of Ethics Title 2
- Draft Downtown Hot Springs Parking Pedestrian and Bicycle Enhancements Plan
- Appendices - Draft Downtown Hot Springs Parking pedestrian and Bicycle Enhancements Plan
- Performing Arts Center Feasibility Study